EARN UP TO 4 HOURS MCLE:
The OC Lawyers' Chapter of the Federalist Society and the Claremont Institute Center for Constitutional Jurisprudence present
A CELEBRATION OF CONSTITUTION DAY
The Claremont Institute and Orange Federalist Society invite you to join us to celebrate Constitution Day with Dr. John C. Eastman and the Center for Constitutional Jurisprudence.
We will commemorate the 232nd anniversary of the signing of the U.S. Constitution with panel discussions addressing some of the most pressing threats to our constitutional system.
Our program will also feature a discussion with the recipient of this year’s Ronald Reagan Jurisprudence Award, Judge David Sentelle, Chief Judge of the of the United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit, during a private luncheon.
10:00am: Registration Opens
10:30am–10:45am: Opening Remarks
10:45am–12:15pm: Panel 1 – Discrimination Unbound: Harvard’s Perverse Affirmative Action and Multiculturalism
- Ryan Williams President, Claremont Institute; Publisher, Claremont Review of Books
- Amy Wax Robert Mundheim Professor of Law, University of Pennsylvania Law School
- Additional Panelists/Moderators TBD
2:00pm–3:00pm: Panel 2 – Abortion and the Courts: The Existence of a Right to Life
- Teresa Collett Professor of Law, University of St. Thomas (MN)
- David Forte Professor of Law, Cleveland State University
- Anthony T. Caso Director of the Constitutional Jurisprudence Clinic, Chapman University’s Fowler School of Law (Moderator)
- Additional Panelists TBD
3:15pm–4:15pm: Panel 3 The Supreme Court: Term Review and a Look to the Horizon
- John Eastman Founding Director, Claremont Institute Center for Constitutional Jurisprudence; Henry Salvatori Professor of Law and Community Service, Chapman University’s Fowler School of Law
- Michael M. Uhlmann Senior Fellow, Claremont Institute; Professor of Politics and Government, Claremont Graduate University
- Keith Carlson Founding Partner, Carlson & Jayakumar LLP; Member of the Board of Directors, Claremont Institute (Moderator)
- Additional Panelists TBD
4:30pm–5:30pm: Cocktail Reception
EARN UP TO FOUR HOURS OF MCLE CREDIT
When: Saturday, September 14, 10:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Where: Dale E. Fowler School of Law, Chapman University, One University Drive, Orange, California 92866, Tel. (714) 628-2500.
Cost: $50, members/nonmembers, $10, students, for lunch and 4 hours of MCLE credit (the Federalist Society is a California State Bar approved provider of MCLE).
RSVP and Pay: To RSVP and pay by credit card, navigate to www.claremont.org/cday. Please do not reply to this email to RSVP - please use the Claremont link. Thanks!
We welcome all interested attorneys and non-attorneys to our events.